Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rain drops keep falling on my head...

Well...our hopes of coming back to a dry camp site were unfortunately not met. After posting our last blog, we stopped at the General Store to pick up some fixin's for s'mores and firewood, and returned to our tent, where we found PUDDLES of water inside of it. Awesome. We took out the sleeping bags and air mattress and draped them over rocks hoping that would help them dry before bedtime, but considering the fact that it was still crazy cloudy and cold, that didn't work so well! :(

Our second attempt at a fire was pretty under par as well. We liked to believe that we had bought "bad firewood", but something tells me that it's just our lack in fire building skill, seeing that everyone around us had a ROARING fire last night. Aren't we supposed to be naturally inclined to start fire??? It makes me feel somewhat inadequate as a human....I'm hoping we'll have more luck in the future. Again, I blame the rain and the fact that our fire pit was soaked! :)

Saw a bit more of the canyon this morning, including ELK and almost hitting a deer. Now we're off to Zion, but wanted to give a couple of shout outs before we left...not sure what the WiFi situaiton will be out there:

Shout out to the new parents, Cynthia and Ron...CONGRATS on Liam...can't wait to meet the little guy when I get home. :)

Shout out to Katie for passing her Boards first try!! CONGRATS, the CDs worked!

And finally, a shout out to my sisters, Tash and Liz....I have reverted back to my past and have made Susie and I play the "License Plate Game", and to date, we have seen 45 states, including Alaska and Hawaii!!!

We are grabbing iced coffees and hitting the road, hoping for sunny skies in Utah!

~Andrea :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the wet return to camp (that does suck) But however I love the stories! And will believe it was the wetness of the fire ring that held you to no roaring fire!!!! As for the license plate game good for you guys!!! Our week trip to Florida gave us 40... wow you are at 45 only 5 left I hope you get those last ones!!! We too saw Alaska but no Hawaii.......... Love the pictures..glad you are having a great time!!! Enjoy...
    XOXO
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete