Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All good things must come to an end...

It's almost 8 o'clock and I'm home...Susie has left and braved the trek up to the Cape, and I just re-read all of our blog entries trying to hold onto this trip as long as I can!

So to give a quick re-cap of our last days on the West Coast, we arrived in Salt Lake City (referred to as SLC) and braved the task of re-packing, which went much better than we had anticipated. We went out to eat at The Pie, this really cool, yummy pizza joint near the University of Utah (thanks for the suggestion Wikipedia...it was delish!), and enjoyed our last night out on the town. Made friends with this guy Mike who got stranded in SLC for the night, sang karaoke, and I was reminded why I don't do tequila shots anymore-- they go down so smooth, and then kick me in the arse later. :)

We spent the day yesterday touring around SLC...went to Temple Square to see the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, visited this chocolatier who Susie's family friend knows-- lucky for us because she gave us 3 pounds of free chocolate!! And made the decision to drive up to Park City and explore there for a bit. Got to see Olympic Park and walked up and down Main Street, checking out all the cute little shops. Definitely somewhere I would love to go back to in the winter or during Sundance. :) We headed back towards SLC and drove over to finally see the Great (stinky) Salt Lake. As beautiful as it was, the smell was enough to make me almost throw up in my mouth, so we left as quickly as possible! We did see all these spider webs though that had these huge-ass spiders on them. Pretty amazing and gross all at the same time! After that, we headed back into downtown SLC and went to the COOLEST library on the planet! If the City Library were in my town, I think I'd spend every free second in it, it was THAT cool! We wrapped up our day by going out to dinner at this yummy Greek restaurant and headed over to Fox to part ways with the pimp mobile. Again, the whole process went over without a hitch! Hooray Fox Rental Car!

Our flight was great...no real complaints except for the screaming child in the front of the plane (who takes a small child on a red eye??) I'm about ready to go to bed to try and catch up on my sleep, to then wake up and do a gazillion loads of the dirtiest laundry I've ever had. Fun stuff. But if there is one thing I have learned these past 3 weeks, it's that life is too short to not take trips like this...see the amazing sites this world (or just this country) has to offer, meet a plethora of characters along the way, all the while laughing and living it up! From beginning to end, this trip has been filled with great memories, many many laughs, and unfathomable experiences.

Things I will miss most:
* the pimp mobile- you treated us well, little lady!
* fish tacos- specifically the ones from Wake and Bake in Moab
* the amazing landscape of the West Coast- so beautiful
* the lack of humidity along the West Coast (it's so humid here today, it's disgusting!)
* the Utah night sky- I've never seen so many stars in my life
* the laughs...I felt that it was non-stop!
* the freedom to go where we wanted to go and do what we wanted to do, without a care in the world!!

But most importantly, the thing I will miss most is Susie. It has been such an amazing 3 weeks...we spent every waking second together and had a blast the ENTIRE time! I thank you so much for lighting the fire of this trip under me, and I can't wait for our adventures in the future! :)

1 comment: