Monday, July 27, 2009

Mad Mountain Biking in Moab...

Andrea and I currently feel like the coolest girls ever! We just totally tore it up on the slickrock trails on a couple of full suspension bikes that this cool guy delivered to us right at the trail. We followed along this rocky trail for a while, and then it just opened up into rocks and jumps and rock faces everywhere---soooooooooooooo fun!!! I had a little trouble staying on my bike, one time I went to ride up this rock cliff thing and I guess I didn't have enough speed going, b/c the bike flipped back on me and the pedal gashed my leg...INSTANT crazy hematoma (good thing we left the med kit in the car!), I was too busy to care though...and the swelling eventually went down, I had my hands full trying to keep up with Andrea! She was not a big fan of the 4 mile uphill climb on the rocky road that we had to ride to get to the cool stuff, but she found her inner demon once we got to the slickrocks and she went nuts...there were times when I couldn't even see her!!! She's publically declared that she is taking up mountain biking when we get home!! We've already planned out what trails we're going to ride when we come back to Moab :)

So anyway, we can say we rode in the "Mecca of Mountain Biking"--which is what Moab claims to be...and we loved it! What a great way to end the active sporting part of our adventure!!!!!

We're off to Salt Lake City now...probably will be a little tamer than what we've seen the last couple weeks, but it will be nice to sleep in a bed for a change!!! One more day :( BOO! BUT, we are so happy to see you all again soooooon!

~Susie

1 comment: